- Powder : 400g and 850g
- Flavour: Vanilla
GLUCERNA® is a complete and balanced product to help diabetics achieve steady release for proven blood glucose control.
The Science Behind Glucerna®
Glucerna®’s product advantages come from its low GQ, high fibre and MUFA.
- Low GI foods help keep blood sugar levels under better control and decrease the need for insulin.
- Slow digested carbohydrate (fibresol + sucromalt) results in slow release of blood glucose providing better glycaemic response.3
Glucerna® contains higher fibre* to increase satiety
GLUCERNA® is a complete and balanced meal replacement product to help diabetics manage their weight. GLUCERNA® contains higher fibre* to increase satiety.
Glucerna® contains higher MUFA*
A diet high in MUFA, omega-6, omega-3 and low in Saturated Fatty Acids (SFA) are associated with a reduced risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD)4.
Take Glucerna® daily as part of diabetes nutrition management plan.
References:# Modified from Jenkins DJ, et al. Diabetologia. 1982;23:477-484.
*Higher fibre versus Glucerna® SR.
2. Abbott Nutrition, Glucerna Triple Care Monograph, Abbott Laboratories.
3. Arora SK, McFarlane SI. The case for low carbohydrate diets in diabetes management. Nutrition & Metabolism. 2005;2:16-18.
4. Kris-Etherton PM, Pearson TA, Wan Y, et al. High-monounsaturated fatty acid diets lower both plasma cholesterol and triacylglycerol concentrations. Am J Clin Nutr. 1999;70:1009-15.