Being a parent of a two-year old requires patience, guidance from family and friends, and a good sense of humour. Here are a few milestones from age 18 to 24 months.
At 18 months, your little one who is up on his/her feet may demonstrate the following:
- Start to run but not well coordinated yet
- Walking up the stairs with assistance (holding to the railing/parent’s hand)
- Removing some parts of clothing such as socks,/hairband
- Listens to story telling
- Decrease in appetite as he/she is easily distracted
By 24 months, your toddler will be:
- Walking without assistance
- Running steadily
- Has a vocabulary of 50 to 300 words (varies from child to child)
- Start to form sentence consisting of 2 to 4 words
- Doddle with crayons or colour pencils
- Able to feed himself/herself
With all these development in your child’s milestone, having the right nutrition is important to support his/her mental & physical growth.